Saturday, January 17, 2015

 As surprising as it may sound, I actually was given the opportunity to baptize my 4th person here in Malaysia.  Senior couples usually don't baptize anyone, so this is quite a blessing.  And, to top it off, my second baptism done in Mandarin.  Here is Loh, Ri Kai, with Elder Lundahl-Wolford on the left and Elder Durrant on the right.  Kai has been investigating the church for the past few months and just couldn't make the decision to get baptized.  During a pot luck we had on Jan. 2nd, Kai came up to me and asked if I would baptize him and also asked if I could do it in Mandarin.  What a treat!
As I walk around our apartment complex each morning for exercise, I decided to stop and take pictures of all the beautiful flowers and trees.  This is called a "white spider lily" and they grown everywhere.  We are now coming into our spring time here and the monsoon rains have stopped.  We still have very windy days, but the temperature is rising and the days are very beautiful and very colorful.  There are all sorts of "birds of paradise" flowers in many colors, and lots of trees and bushes covered in orange and fushia colors.  I also managed to find a bush of "Chinese Hibiscus", which is the Malaysian National Flower.  It is always green and lush here, with many different types of palm trees, banana trees growing right on the road side, along with rambutan trees, coconut trees and lots of other fruit bearing trees.  We never knew, until you see them growing, that bananas grow curved up, not curved down.  Amazing fun fact!

2 comments: