Sunday, November 16, 2014

 Here is am, as Pharaoh of Egypt, with my two court magicians by my side and Aaron to the far left.  It was our monthly Zone Meeting and the elders wanted to do another "role play".  Usually, our role plays are between each companionship, with one partner being the missionary and the other being the investigator.  Mother and I do as we are asked, but it never applies to us and I hate "role plays".  But this one was a riot.  We re-enacted the story of Moses and the plagues of Egypt.  When the Zone Leaders asked me to play the part of pharaoh, I went right to work.  I got
the computer and looked for patterns of pharaoh's headdress.  I found one and ran it off, got on my blue "sarong" and made a black beard.
I held up my two trusty toilet brushes and was ready for my part.  Elder Moala was Moses, Elder Spurrier played the part of Aaron and Elder Bester and Wright were my court magicians.  The other elders helped with the plagues.  Elder Pun is holding an inflatable dinosaur, representing the plague of frogs.  Then the flies and locust were balloons thrown at us.  Finally, the Zone Leaders related all this to missionary work.  It was a real stretch.
On Sat. and Sun, Nov. 15/16, we held our final District Conference for the JB District.  We had Elder Freddie Chan, and Area Authority 70 preside, along with Pres. & Sis. Mains and Pres. Victor Chen of the mission presidency.  This will be our last District Conference of our mission.  It was very unique, since we had no help and Linda and I put everything together.  My only counselor was diagnosed with a serious disease affecting his eyes and couldn't help.  The District RS President is in the Philippines, so Linda and I arranged all the music, got all the prayers, came up with all the subjects and speakers, and I conducted all three sessions of conference.  I hate conducting.  We also had Elder Chan and his son stay at our apartment for two days.  Beside all that, Linda and I made all the arrangements for a luncheon for all those who attended, (about 80 people), after the last session of the conference.  Linda made a big batch of "sloppy joe", we bought lots of buns and bags of chips and some other members brought food for a pot luck luncheon.   The Lord blessed us greatly and we made it through our 4th and final District Conference.  The talks were wonderful and we all felt the Spirit strongly.  You don't realize how blessed we were, back at BYU, when we had our Stake Conferences and had so much support from your counselors and high council, along with a Stake RS Presidency to arrange for the food and refreshments.  We sure appreciate it now!

No comments:

Post a Comment