Tuesday, February 25, 2014

 Our blog pictures, for this week, are some fun ones.  This lovely picture is the head of a pig.  It was given to us at a Zone Meeting and all of us were invited to have some.  I ate the pig snout.  It was really, really gross.  Mother would not try it because it was quite spicy, but the worst part was not the spicy taste, but the huge amounts of fat.
When I put it in my mouth, three huge pieces of fat broke off from the nose piece that I was eating and it was very difficult to swallow all the fat without gagging.  One of the other elders was turning white in the face as he was trying to eat his piece of the pig's face.  I try everything now.
 This beautiful little baby boy was born to Sister Mira, one of Bro. Uki's daughters.  His name is
Vivister Willie anak Henry.  We just call him Willie.  He has lots of dark, black hair and is so cute (comel).  We went over to Bro. Uki's home and took a baby gift to Sister Mira.  As we all sat down, Bro. Uki motioned to me to give an opening prayer and, without much hesitation anymore, I said my prayer.  When I was done, Sister Nancy said, "Pandai", which means "clever".  No greater compliment could be given.
The sweet Saints here are so honored when we white folks learn their language and speak with them.
 We also went over to visit Bro. and Sis. Ng.  Bro. Ng is the 1st Counselor in the JB Branch Presidency and it was his birthday.  We bought him a nice new blue tie.  We sat around for a while, sweating up a storm in their apartment, when Sis. Ng brought out the birthday cake.  I was excited for some delicious cake, but to our surprise, she brought out a jello mold cake.  The yellow layer was OK, the middle layer got worse and the top red layer had some kind of "super sour" white fruit in it.  There were pieces of chocolate in the cake, but I didn't get any in my slice.  We sang Happy Birthday, chasing around the jello blobs on our plates.  So much fun.
We also had a great Family Home Evening at Bro. Gema and Sis. Eta's home.  We had about 20 people there.  We opened with a song in bahasa, then I gave the opening prayer, then we jumped right in to this fish dish.  I am not a big fish fan, but this stuff was really good.  If you ignore the teeth and the head and tail, the sweet and sour sauce with onions all over the fish was quite tasty.  You have to pick out all the little bones, but the meat was great.  I had three helpings and loved this "piranha" onion delight.
I don't know what kind of fish it was, but it was very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment