Thursday, June 20, 2013

 We have these fun little "gecko" lizards everywhere.  Sometimes they get into the homes.  I was kneeling, saying my prayers the other night, and felt something crawl over my leg.  I jumped into the bed and just about knocked Linda out the other side, screaming like a girl.  We chased the lizard out the front door and as I used the broom to get him out, I broke off his tail.  The tailed flailed all around as the body ran off.  I'm sure, he is going to get all his relatives and come back tomorrow night to get me.
 For P-day this week, we decided to go bowling.  The mission rule here in Malaysia, is everyone wears mission clothes when in public, even on our P-day.  You can wear shorts when working in your apartment or if you are out and doing a service project in someone's yard.  Here is Linda, bowling her little heart out.  She was really good
 This is Elder Smith, from American Fork.  This was our last P-day together, before mission tranfers this coming Thursday.  We found out that we will lose Elder Steven and Elder Smith.  We will then have Elder Chan become our District Leader and a new set of missionaries will come back to the Masai area. 
 I bowled a fairly good game, but after about three bowling throws, I got a "charlie horse" way up in my butt muscle on the left side.  It hurt for days.  I still beat all the other missionaries with my "butt handicap".  We had lots of fun bowling and it only cost 10 RM for 2 games, which comes to $1.50 per game.
 This is our famous Elder Steven.  We call him our "chocolate baby".  He is a Malaysian, but his ancestors are from India.  The picture shows that he didn't do the best job bowling.  He served as our District Leader and will now be transferred over to East Malaysia and assigned to Kuching.
He is really excited about the area he is going to but discouraged to have to train another brand new missionary.
Here we are, standing outside in the hot sun in front of the bowling alley.  Just a few days after we took these pictures, the country of Indonesia began burning their forests to clear some land.  It apparently got out of control and the smoke has caused a lot of trouble here in Malaysia and in Singapore.  The normal PSI reading for particulates in the air is suppose to be below 90.
Our number was at 401, which means we have to wear masks if you go outside.  We are now in our summer season, with normal temperatures in the high 90's.  When it is not summer, our regular temperatures are about 85 degrees, so it is not that much difference. 

No comments:

Post a Comment